How to sync your Airbnb listing’s calendar to Outlook 2016
I’d been manually entering dates for guest stays in my Outlook calendar when my girlfriend said offhandedly that there should be a way to sync the calendar with Outlook (she’s a tech genius). So a quick search of the Googles and I had it up and running in under 5 minutes.
Here are the steps adapted from an Airbnb KB article:
Calendar exporting lets you view your Airbnb calendar on an external calendar that supports the iCal format. To export your calendar in iCal format and add it to your external calendar:
To export your calendar
- Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
- Click Manage Listing and Calendar for the listing you want to edit
- Click Availability Settings in the top-right corner of your calendar view
- Under Sync Calendars, select Export calendar
- Copy and paste the Airbnb calendar link into your iCal applications
The KB article doesn’t list the steps for adding the calendar to Microsoft Outlook 2016 so I have included those below.
- Navigate to your calendar folder in Outlook 2016.
- Choose Open Calendar from the Ribbon Bar and select From Internet…
- Paste the Airbnb calendar link into the URL box and click OK.
- Click to add the new calendar in the My calendars section (may be named unknown calendar).
- Right click the calendar name to rename it if you choose.
- You can click the left facing arrow on the calendar which is added to the view to “merge” that calendar with your default calendar. Don’t worry the events are still separate and won’t overwrite your work free/busy.
Seriously, Sonya is a technical genius. I’m a very lucky man.